If anyone can come up with a better title for the following, please tell me.
This serves one person.
Get a small saucepan and melt together 1 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp brown sugar (or sweetener of your choice) and 1/2 tsp cocoa powder. You can also use a cup in the microwave but I think using a saucepan produces a better textured sauce. While it’s heating, slice a fairly ripe banana into a bowl. Once the sauce is melted and boiling, pour it over the banana. Enjoy! The cool banana slices have a fantastic texture with the hot sauce.
Other ideas for almost-instant, almost-healthy desserts:
- Leftover cooked rice heated with with a little milk, sugar and spices
- Porridge with heaps of dried fruit and milk
- Toast with peanut butter and jam or honey
- Hot chocolate made with milk, cocoa and maple syrup
- Chopped fruit with Greek yoghurt and honey